AL #7002P: Hospitalist Medical Director
- Great Hospitalist Program seeking new Medical Director due to retirement. Assistant Medical Director plans to retire in 2 years, and hopes to provide bridge from retired Director to new Director.
- Ours is a stable program with solid collegial relationships across the Medical Staff. Medical Director will be responsible for staff of 7 other Hospitalists and 2 Nurse Practitioners. In-house admin support, as well as corporate. Census averages 45-60 (12 month low of 38, high of 80), covered by 3 Physcians and 1 Nurse Practitioner daily. Separate night coverage by Nocturnists and Fellows.
- >150 bed facility located <45 minutes from Birmingham in quiet community near large lake. Climate provides almost year-round outdoor recreation opportunities. Multiple colleges and universities located within easy commute. Public and private school options should provide right setting for almost anyone of any age.
- Schedule can be 7 on/7 off or something else (like 1 weekend in 4). Days only (unless you wish to cover occasioanl night shift). Clear job description, excellent support and great relationship with sister tertiary care facility.
- We're seeking an experienced Hospitalist (Medical Director or assistant a definite plus) with a good grasp of clinical skills, who can build a team and lead by example. Board Certification preferred, must be excellent communicator, willing and capable of medical staff participation (and leadership when needed).
- Clinical responsibilities include ICU coverage and short-term vent management, procedures are optional. With 1 recent retirement and 2 more expected in the next 24 months, this is a chance to lead a solid group into an even brighter future!
- Job Type: Permanent Opportunity
- Location: Alabama
- Job Number: AL #7002P
- Salary: Competitive compensation and good benefits.